Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 beaten large egg
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or 1 cup milk + 4 teaspoons lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine beaten egg, milk, margarine and then add to dry ingredients. Stir until barely mixed.
- Heat lightly greased griddle or skillet. Using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, drop onto hot, greased griddle, baking until top of pancake is covered with tiny bubbles.
- Flip and cook until lightly browned on underside.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Lisa B :: kim w :: Jennifer R :: Erica B :: PJ :: Debra B :: Roslyn M :: Kimberly H :: Katrena :: Dianna H :: Mary M :: Jordan T :: Melissa S :: Angela I :: Tracy P :: Rita F :: Heather P :: Rosabel L :: Patsy L :: Yvonne G