- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant banana pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nilla Wafters, crushed (optional)
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In bowl of stand mixer combine butter and brown sugar, beating until combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Mix in banana pudding, baking soda and salt.
- Finally add in the flour and beat until just combined.
- Using a large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes until edges begin to golden. Don’t overbake.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Prepare frosting: Beat butter until creamy in mixing bowl, add powdered sugar, milk and vanilla and beat until creamy.
- When completely cool frost cookies and garnish with Nilla Wafer crumbs.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.