Prep time :
Fry 2 minutes
- 1 cup sweet white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon anise seeds (optional) very finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 quart oil to fry (coconut oil, corn oil, peanut or vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Cinnamon Sugar
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- In a bowl combine wine, salt, lemon and orange zest, olive oil and anise seeds.
- Add flour and cinnamon and knead to a smooth dough, this will only take a few minutes.
- Roll dough about 1/8 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 2 x 2 inch squares. Take two opposite corners from each square and press these together in the center. If dough does not stick together use a small amount of water.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Carefully drop the pestiños into hot oil and allow them to float to the surface. Once well golden turn upside down. Remove from oil when both sides are well golden brown.
- Place on paper towel and toss into cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: chrisy68 :: Glad :: Carla G :: tara :: Kim P :: Keisha :: Terri :: JeanHelene :: SALLY8461 :: Luanne A :: Denise A :: Melanie A :: Jeannie S :: paula p :: elena p :: Lisa :: Dawn M :: jessica :: Karen J :: Danyelle T