- 2 1/4 sticks margarine
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 egg white
- 5 tablespoons powdered milk
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 to 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 1 cup ground cashews
- Imperial Sugar Powdered Sugar Shaker
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Mix margarine, butter and eggs until well blended by using a mixer (low speed) for about 30 seconds only.
- With wooden spoon, stir in powdered milk/creamer, cashews and corn starch.
- Stir in flour slowly until the dough is hard enough to shape.
- Shape into small crescents and place on an ungreased cooking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Let it cool for 30 minutes. Gently sprinkle with powdered sugar until evenly coated. Store in airtight containers.
This Crescent Cookies (Indonesian Christmas Cookies) recipe has been submitted by one of our Imperial Sugar friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.