- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup or honey
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time then syrup or honey. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a lightly buttered or parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with granulated sugar and press to even thickness of 1/4 inch.
- Bake at 350°F until cookies are wrinkled, golden brown and start to fall flat, about 12 to 15 minutes.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Special Baking Tip: To obtain chewy crisp cookies, remove from oven when still pale in color.