Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- Bring milk and cinnamon stick to a boil. Take lemon and remove a two inch strip of lemon zest, add to milk along with salt. Remove from heat and cover with lid or plastic wrap and infuse for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and return to boil.
- In a separate bowl combine yolks, water and cornstarch and whisk until very well blended. Add vanilla extract and sugar and whisk until well combined.
- When milk boils, pour egg yolk mixture into milk and using a firm whisk stir vigorously until milk boils again and mixture thickens like mayonnaise.
- Remove from heat, remove whisk and cover custard with plastic food film touching custard. Place saucepan in bowl filled with cold water. After a few minutes remove water and replace with fresh cold water and ice cubes. (This will cool custard fast and prevent bacteria growth).
- Once custard is cool transfer to refrigerator. To serve, using a spoon fill glasses or bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Natilla will remain excellent for at least 2 days in refrigerator. Use only rind of lemon as lemon juice will curdle milk.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Monica M :: Cartha G :: Dawn P :: Blanca M :: BethSmith :: Yolanda M :: Danton L :: Kelly L :: Linda C :: Awhitaker :: Stephanie W :: Jessica S :: Isabelle C :: Diane H :: Heather :: wilma :: Katherine B :: Kim H :: Tanya A :: arvellajo